My friend and I did a 5+2 order and decided to split 3 matchas we both wanted to try, but weren’t sure we wanted 30g of a piece. This one one of them.

I made this one as my usual matcha milk. I threw it in the fridge to ‘steep’ yesterday afternoon and just thought to try it now. I had no idea what to expect here, since I’d never even heard of a butternut pie, much less tasted one. I was pleasantly surprised with the initial sips though. There is a definite buttery-ness, though not quite the same as French Butter Cookie, and a subtle nuttiness too. There is also a sweetness that is akin to squash with just a touch of brown sugar on top.

Definitely a great choice. I could see ordering this one myself in the future.

VariaTEA

I have debating about doing an order and I don’t know if I want to just buy what I know I like or if I want to keep trying new ones. I was thinking I would just stick with the ones I know I like but then reviews like this make trying new ones so appealing

Courtney

Eep! Well, I did a 5+2 order myself and I only ended up truly loving 2 new ones. I’m personally just going to see if I can split ones I’m unsure of. I have two lists of matchas for trying – ones that the reviews are so great I’d consider 30g myself, or others that still have decent reviews, but not good enough to consider 30g myself.

VariaTEA

Fair enough. All I know is I want Coconut and caramel but I haven’t planned out the other ones I would get. I am debating pear and eggnog because they were pretty good in smoothies and are different than the creamier dessert type matchas I currently have but then I feel like there are others that would be fun to try.

Courtney

Always such a battle to decide haha. Well, I would recommend this one, and if you don’t love it, I can take it off your hands. :)

Comments

VariaTEA

Courtney

I love straight and flavoured black teas and this is what I’m usually drinking.

Likes:

Dislikes:

Flavours that can go either way:
Hibiscus, vanilla, and peach.

Last updated March 2021.