drank Maple Tea by Camellia Sinensis

Camellia Sinensis is here!

Lexa wanted Choco Chou first, so we enjoyed that one together, then I made this one for me.

I love all the maple sugar crystals in this one. It’s really beautiful. The maple doesn’t have much of a scent, but I didn’t expect that of dried maple sugar. The flavour is very light — mostly just a hint of sweetness in the sip and I really love that. I enjoy when tea leaves are paired with a real ingredient like this, and nothing else.

What a great start to these CS teas! Also, the packaging on these teas is just gorgeous, and they threw in an extra sample — yay!

The packaging is on my story here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/biologistcourtney/2481536991512966181/

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

Yay, tea-mail!

Tea mail is always fun!

Martin Bednář

Exactly! I hope my B&B order from Boxing Day to come quickly! Maybe tomorrow? Who knows? No tracking :(

Courtney

My B&B orders don’t have tracking either! They come with a tracking number, but it doesn’t work. I’ll keep my fingers crossed yours will arrive tomorrow, or soon!

Comments

Martin Bednář

Yay, tea-mail!

Tea mail is always fun!

Courtney

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada