This one is tasty! I’ve always steered clear of Lapsang Souchong due to the smokiness, but when this one was clearly marked unsmoked, I had to pick up a sample.

The flavours here are malty cut through with hints of a coppery-ness, or perhaps brightened honey.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
LuckyMe

I’m not a huge black tea fan but this is one of the more memorable blacks I’ve had. Wish I had bought more than just a sample.

Courtney

I only have a wee sample left, maybe 2-cups worth, but I’m not in love with it sadly. But I have many black teas I do love, so it seems we’re the opposite!

Comments

LuckyMe

Courtney

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug. I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted/green and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens (mango or pineapple, yum!).

Likes:
Raspberry, strawberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, blackcurrant, redcurrant, fig, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, jasmine, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated January 2023.

Canada