drank Orange Pomander by Lupicia

2021 sipdown no. 57

Another share from Cameron! Almost done these, but Lexa took a hiatus from anything but herbal tea, and I like to try new teas together, so I put off some of the remaining swap teas.

This one has a Market Spice-like scent, but unfortunately very little is coming through in the flavour. Perhaps a wee bit of clove and orange, but I really have to concentrate to find it. There’s no real astringency, which is nice.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I still haven’t tried this one…

Courtney

Haha! The scent is quite holiday-like, maybe next winter!

Comments

Cameron B.

I still haven’t tried this one…

Courtney

Haha! The scent is quite holiday-like, maybe next winter!

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada