2021 sipdown no. 63

This one has that mineral flavour that I find oolongs get, but there’s also a lovely maltiness cut through with hints of floral here that adds a nice depth.

The second steep has just slightly dulled flavours, but it allows the maltiness to almost come neck in neck with the mineral, which was nice.

1st steep 4 minutes
2nd steep 5.5 minutes

I’m happy to have tried this one, but that mineral flavour just isn’t my favourite.

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada