drank Genmaicha by Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms

2021 sipdown no. 78

Almost done these teas from Cameron!

This one is a delightful genmaicha. I always enjoy genmaicha, but certainly don’t drink enough of it to comment any more than that I enjoy it. I actually added a touch of marshmallow root just because.

I’ll resteep for a second steep as well.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
AJRimmer

Where do you buy your marshmallow root? I was thinking about ordering some for this purpose!

Courtney

I actually ordered some from iHerb (quite a while ago now), but here is the link: https://ca.iherb.com/pr/Frontier-Natural-Products-Cut-Sifted-Marshmallow-Root-16-oz-453-g/31011

Cameron B.

Almost done?! Time to send you some new ones! XD

Comments

AJRimmer

Courtney

Cameron B.

Almost done?! Time to send you some new ones! XD

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug. I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted/green and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens (mango or pineapple, yum!).

Likes:
Raspberry, strawberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, blackcurrant, redcurrant, fig, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, jasmine, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated January 2023.

Canada