The tea leaves here are so dark and almost oily. They have a very unique look. This one has a vanilla scent, but it’s more the scent of a rich baked good. Like a vanilla earl grey shortbread or some other extraordinarily rich sweet. This is a fairly mellowed out Earl Grey Cream with hints of red fruits almost? There’s no astringency at all from the Assam base, just a lovely deep base that seems to alter the entire profile of this tea. I almost forget I’m drinking an EGC here. However, the richness and/or vanilla does seem to be upsetting my stomach here, though not with quite the same intensity as a purely vanilla-heavy EGC.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 30 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada