drank Melbourne Breakfast by T2

Thanks Kelmishka for sending this my way!

I brewed this up not realizing there was vanilla, just thinking it was a more “straightforward” breakfast tea. The scent is really lovely, with the vanilla obvious, yet soft. The taste itself is quite smooth with a creamy, vanilla flavour at the forefront. The vanilla is mellow in taste, yet prominent. I have to check if Angrboda ever tried this tea on her quest for the best vanilla tea because I feel this would have been a good contender!

I have yet to find a vanilla tea that hasn’t really caused my stomach to be upset, until this! Quite thrilling. I find myself quite happy with this, so much that I would consider having this in my cupboard — as an added bonus: the sachet would also make it easy for work.

ashmanra

I wonder if vanilla teas upset your stomach because they usually use a fairly strong base? I wouldn’t think it would be the vanilla itself unless you are sensitive to artificial vanilla.

Courtney

I’m honestly not sure. I am fairly sensitive to overly strong artificial things in scent and taste, and have many a sensory sensitivity in general haha!

Comments

ashmanra

Courtney

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug. I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted/green and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens (mango or pineapple, yum!).

Likes:
Raspberry, strawberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, blackcurrant, redcurrant, fig, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, jasmine, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

she/her

Last updated January 2023.

Canada