It’s like the Coco Chai Rooibos except without the light rooibos and the creamy coconut. The latter of the two is the deal breaker. Also, no cloves.

The main spice is cinnamon, and good cinnamon at that. Ginger is the second main flavour I detect. Those two items create a nice spicy sweet profile. I’ve never had Assam so I cannot pick it out too well in this blend.

All in all, not bad. Although, I’m not sure if this will ever be my go to chai. Cinnamon isn’t usually my favourite spice and I’d rather it share center stage with something else.

It’s delicious when steeped partially in hot milk (as are all good chais).

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland