drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

I put off trying this toffee scented tea for the longest time. It smelled yummy, it just wasn’t something I particularly wanted to drink- especially in the context of all my other teas.

I finally got around to trying it today, along with sending out the majority of my parcels. In both cases (tea trying and parcels) I don’t know why I put it off for so long! Parcel sending is easy and this tea is tasty.

This teas has an imbedded natural sweetness that reminds me of Glitter & Gold and makes me feel reluctant to add anything else to it. It ends on a reminiscently salty note with a tad bit of astringency. It tastes exactly like salted caramel and is truly only missing the texture.Now I want some plain toffee. I really noticed the black tea on the first few sips when it was still hot.

The only downside is the flavour and scent are somewhat strong for me at times and makes me slightly lightheaded but I can overlook that.

Now, on to my last fifteen page essay of the semester. Maybe that will be easier than I thought too. Fingers crossed!

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland