drank Graveyard Mist by 52teas

Day six (half way through!!)

I’ve been thinking that most of these packets smell like bubblegum and I thought this tea was a bubblegum blend from the aroma, but it must be the marshmallow root ingredient.

Minty things are a hit and miss for me. I love eating whole mint leaves most of all but candied mints are items I’d rather pass up. Mint is also something I don’t seek out unless I’m feeling under the weather or I want something to clean my palate. I undoubtedly have preconceived biases towards this spearmint gum tea.

I made this tea almost an hour ago but I left it take a call from my Grandma. I haven’t seen her in a month so I’m excited to be able to visit her soon. That call was probably the best thing for this, now warm, tea.

It has a lovely fresh spongy texture, like dew covered moss. The spearmint and green leaves aren’t too extreme with only mild nippy greenness. The creamy vanilla bubblegum flavours, from the marshmallow root, are what draw the attention. I’m so glad this isn’t dominantly mint- merely a “mist” of it! There’s only a little bit of that crusty clean flossy feel. The result is a very mellow but moist, cozy tea that I’m very pleased to be able to enjoy on this cold, damp evening.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland