I’m having this hot with some milk after eating a marshmallow chocolate noodle dessert monster. All of my senses are temporarily shot from a sweetness overload.

I’m mainly picking up honeybush and cream with a lemon hued finish. Texture: First part flaky pastry then a jam filled second part. I can’t taste the rooibos.

I’m indifferent to rooibos, and am not generally a fan of honeybush but this is a solid blend with a great aroma. The lemon is a buttery frosting kind, and not at all a pointy “cleaning” variety of citrus. That in itself is a nice change from the citrus infused teas and tisanes I normally drink.

With every sip I’m growing fonder of it. I’m sending the rest off into the chaotic realm of the Christmas-impacted post office, but I would definitely think of ordering another bag of this.

Cavocorax

I don’t even know what a “marshmallow chocolate noodle dessert monster” is, but I know that I want one! :P

Are you doing tea swaps? Sounds like you’re rating a few rather well and then sending them off into the abyss. :P

CrowKettle

I think the dessert has a proper name but that reflected its “organic” nature. :P

I added these last two onto a swap after I realized I have way too much new tea to possibly appreciate at once. I need to have less, and take it slow. _

Cavocorax

Makes sense. I started buy more varieties with smaller quantities so I can get a feel for the bigger categories, but it does make it hard to appreciate the fine nuances when you only have a specific tea once a week or so… I’m trying to focus on a few regulars, while rotating a few dessert teas in the evening as treats!

CrowKettle

That’s sound advice and I need to do that more often. Otherwise, I get carried away by all the newness. I have about fifty tea samples, or something like that, that I have yet to try. XD

Cavocorax

Haha. 50 samples? That makes me feel a bit better. I was just :O when I realised I was up to 60 teas, but a lot of those are 1 oz or less, and I’ve tried a lot of them. :P I keep thinking about which ones I want to get though…

CrowKettle

50, at least. This site has enabled me to be a tea consuming black hole. “What tea should I have today” has become one of my great waking questions. :)

50..that’s nothing lol in July i had about 3 teas… now i’m approaching 200 and most of them are 1oz or less heh sooooo fun having choices!

(sad part is…soo many ppl have more than even me lol)

CrowKettle

So much respect for you and all the hardcore tea enthusiasts here. I don’t think I could handle 200 choices everyday! XD

Cavocorax

Obviously man. If I ever made it to 200, I am ould have to sort them by type and then randomly pick from there! There’s just no way I’d be able to narrow it down from there.

Comments

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

(sad part is…soo many ppl have more than even me lol)

Cavocorax

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland