drank Butterbeer by 52teas

Merry Christmas Steepsterites!

Sort of a Backlog: Day eleven (you mean this is almost over!?)

I can’t put into words how delighted I was to open my package and discover this tea. Butterbeer has always sounded amazing to me. The expectations are high because of the name.

Dry leaves have a rootbeer smell from them. Apparently, licorice is present here but it manifests in a way similar to that particular soft drink. I steeped it in hot milk the first time, expecting something astringent. Even though I had the leaves in there for over five minutes the latte was surprisingly mellow and creamy.

My second try at this I had plain and in a pot. I steeped it for 2 minutes and 30 seconds with water well under boiling. The result is this soft buttery beverage that rolls of my tongue. It’s amazing. This tastes like a pound of melted butter that’s had a cup of something malty poured over top- it even has the salty sweetness of butter. How are my lips not greasy? There’s no milk or cream in my cup which is unbelievably deceptive! When I focus on the malty sweet licorice streak it reminds me somewhat of a rootbeer float.

Did I mention this was amazing and divine?

Another one I think I may have to order more of that I’m now fully stocked up on.

Cavocorax

Sounds so good!!!

CrowKettle

Yes, this was delicious.. I ordered 3 × 1.75 oz so I hope it lasts and that I continue to love it for a very long time. Maybe I should have gotten more? I should have gotten more.. :/

Helena

I ordered 3 too yesterday :D I also feel I should’ve ordered more but my wallet hit me over the head with a brick and said I needed to take break from spending money :D

My wallet did a very similar thing. XD

Comments

Cavocorax

Sounds so good!!!

Helena

My wallet did a very similar thing. XD

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland