Buttery Dragonwell and citric grapefruit together!? I must be dreaming because this is too good. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for existing! This is my new favourite tea.

The beautiful dry leave scales have a very potent sour grapefruit smell and they initially both excited and worried me. After steeping, the scent becomes less tart and more like a sweet white grapefruit. The flavour is exactly that, with a smooth and delicate and restrained vegetal base. It’d like I’m consuming the most divine grapefruit to ever step foot inside a cup. Yes, I’m aware that grapefruits don’t have feet that we know of… Second steep was equally amazing.

Third steep sees a toning down of the sweet grapefruit and a greater focus on that buttery vegetal Dragonwell that I enjoy most of all. I don’t think I’ve ever loved a tea so dearly. I’m extremely pleased with myself for randomly choosing to go with 1oz of this.

Bonnie

Really good! Hope it stays around long enough for me to buy some!!! End of month!

CrowKettle

Is there going to be a sale or a discontinuation of Butiki teas anytime soon? I’m in the paranoid, clingy “quick to jump to conclusions” stage of my relationship with this tea.

Bonnie….I can’t see this one going away anytime soon. Stacy would have a revolt. If you’d like, I’d be happy to send you some

Butiki Teas

Bonnie & CrowKettle-This one is around to stay. We have a few teas that will be leaving but they are not very popular. I believe the only flavored teas leaving us will be the Exotic Pear (in favor of a caramel pear), peach oolong (in favor of a peach beer tea & possibly a peaches and cream tea), and possibly the mint oolong.

oooh peaches and cream….caramel pear!

Sil-Coming soon-ish.

haha i won’t harass you this time stacy…. i’ve already got like 10+ teas to order from you SOOON :)

Sil-Hahaha.

CrowKettle

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll keep my eye out for those new pear and peach additions. They sounds amazing. :)

Kittenna

Oh no! My mom really likes that mint oolong!

Kittenna – ill be placing an order with Stacy at some point so let me know if I need to stock up for your mom haha

Butiki Teas

CrowKettle-No problem! Thanks :)

Kittenna-The mint oolong is not definite and if it is removed it won’t be for a while.

Also, the Vanilla Cream Honeybush will be taken down this week.

Comments

Bonnie

Butiki Teas

oooh peaches and cream….caramel pear!

Sil-Coming soon-ish.

Sil-Hahaha.

Kittenna

Oh no! My mom really likes that mint oolong!

Butiki Teas

CrowKettle-No problem! Thanks :)

Also, the Vanilla Cream Honeybush will be taken down this week.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland