Just as I was starting to feel sad about the lack of new Butiki blends to try BoxerMama’s parcel arrived to save the day. Thank you!

Initially, I was worried about over steeping and over leafing this flavoured green. As it turns out, however, the flavour is a mild and smooth one that I prefer being generous with. The milky and sweet body gives a strong impression of melted ice cream, while the green pistachio, backed by a perfectly matched green base, provides a gentle nuttiness. This buttery, creamy, and sweet ice cream tea is enjoyable lukewarm or iced. Butiki teas may potentially be inflating my expectations for flavoured teas.

I emptied my ziplock sample today and this will be the last tea I finish before heading back to school after my extended holiday.. I was supposed to start on the third but I stuck around for a friend’s 21st birthday. Indian Curry smorgasbord trumped syllabus collecting, unfortunately. I’m a bad student.

BoxerMama

Butiki did that to me. There are teas that I used to love that offend my palate now. This was one of my first butiki teas. Glad you’re enjoying the swap!

Comments

BoxerMama

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland