drank Earl White by Silk Road

Earl White is an oddball that I don’t choose to drink often. That being said, I’ve refilled my tin at least three times in the last year, and this baby ain’t cheep. Its robust tartness and smooth white base have made it my go to tea when I’m feeling under the weather.

This was actually my first white tea that I decided to buy during a particularly nasty mid-semester cold; I was hoping the citrus ingredients would send in magical cleaning griffins to purge my clogged sinuses and throat. Hocus pocus anapneo bergamot! I like to think it helped a smidgen..

The body is creamy, floral, vegetal, and melon-like, with a bit of lemongrass. The finish embraces the true spirit of what it means to be tangy; I could get the same effect by squeezing the fresh juice of a sour citrus fruit of choice directly into my mouth. It gets easier to handle and smoother upon later steeps.

The citrus group photo includes: citrus peel, mandarin & lemon fruit essence, the infamous bergamot, and the adopted cousin, lemongrass. It can be…abrasive, also soapy, if not kept in check. Earl White will definitely not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Still, I persist on giving it a high rating; I even dedicated my 100th tasting note to it! Lucky Earl White.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland