drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

Hmm, I didn’t really get to sleep last night, for no good reason, but I need to stay awake for another nine hours. I chose to drink this tea, that BoxerMama included in the swap, to start off the day! I’m sure it will be one of many teas today; I feel like death. I reaaally need to stop drinking caffeinated things after 6:00PM..

… Like the huge pot of Peaches & Ginger I had around 11PM (also courtesy of BoxerMama). This tea actually has some notes that are similar to last night’s pot, notably the peach flavour!

I like this tea! It’s juicy and honeyed with the vaguest nip of astringency, which is very welcome right now! This has a pleasant creaminess too, to balance everything out. I’ll be picking some of this up in my next order.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland