Out of the handful of pumpkin teas I’ve tried this one tastes the most like pumpkin pie. It carries a mushy creaminess, a slightly pungent finish, that makes me think of pumpkin or black tea, and even the sensation of sweet rich whip cream. Are you sure this is vegan?

I don’t get creme brulee as much but it has already succeeded where many other teas have clunked out- creating a convincing pumpkin dessert, both in texture and in taste, without going overboard artificial, and still managing to be tea. Thank you BoxerMama for the sample, and Stacy for all the amazing teas!

Edit: This holds up decently to additional steeping, although the cinnamon is more dominant, and my empty cup has the amazing aroma of nutmeg, cinnamon, and creamy pumpkin.

gmathis

Pie…pumpkin or otherwise..sounds wonderful right now!

CrowKettle

You got me thinking about all the different kinds of pie out there: lemon meringue, key lime, apple, blueberry, bumbleberry, strawberry & rhubarb, cherry, blackberry, pecan, coconut, savory pies.. Now I want pie too.

CrowKettle

Searching through wikipedia’s archive on different kinds of pie has made me realize there are many, many pies still out there that I have yet to try. I think it’s high time I grab lunch.

gmathis

Sorry about that :) Lemon meringue is my absolute favorite.

CrowKettle

I would love to try a true attempt at lemon meringue tea. Good pie to- I haven’t had any in a very long time.

Comments

gmathis

Pie…pumpkin or otherwise..sounds wonderful right now!

gmathis

Sorry about that :) Lemon meringue is my absolute favorite.

CrowKettle

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland