Murchie’s had this out as a self-serve sample today, along with the Oolong Magnolia, when I went to go pick up a Tiramisu cake for get-together. Why don’t I go to Murchie’s more often? Their desserts are delicious and the teas aren’t bad either.

I thought this was going to be nasty when I read the name but it turned out to be quite pleasant. The berry flavour reminded me of the soft fruitiness found in jam. Very smooth and dessert-like, particularly with the vanilla and cinnamon- not spicy or hot like what I think of chai, but “spiced”. I could see this being an item at a children’s “tea party” if that makes sense. I didn’t get a very good overall impression but it was enough to intrigue me!

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland