drank Dilmah Udawatte by Dilmah

The liquor smells of crisp fruit and a touch of cocoa. I was expecting the first sip to leave my mouth horrifically dry but that’s not the case! It’s so smooth and ‘juicy’. There is an astringent boldness near the end but it’s not in the same league of the Wanja Orange Pekoe I’ve been drinking for the last week. There is more fruit than bitter rind to this cup although rind still pokes through. I think there is a sense of creaminess too.

All in all, it’s a lovely evening cup. I’m not sure if I want to try this with milk or not as it’s delicious on its own. I will add that this is more of a sipping tea than a gulping one. It becomes more nippy and less smooth in bigger mouthfuls.

This tea makes me want to snack on grapes, oranges, and dark chocolate forever. Thank you, ToiToi! I’m sorry I put off trying this sample for such a long time. It deserved better from me.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland