drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

I was hoping my order from Red Leaf would have arrived during the week I was in town with parents, for reading break, but it wasn’t to be.. so disappointed. If history has any bearing, it will probably arrive tomorrow (argh!).

At least I have a small portion of this to hold me over until I head back to the mainland again. I actually got it nice and frothy this time (I’m so proud of myself). I guess I shouldn’t have two servings of this so late at night but this empty bowl is tempting me- it smells like rich, butter-drenched greens. It’s divine. I want to bounce off walls and zone out at the same time after a cup of this.

The flavour is still very much the grassy and the astringent green- that taste sounds awful in my mind yet works out very well in practice. I look forward to drinking this kind of tea a lot.

175 °F / 79 °C
MissLena

I have the matcha jitters this late as well. On the verge of crashing soon though I think lol

Cavocorax

Tempting! I’ve never tried matcha, but am sure I will some day soon. Is it true you can just throw it in milk and shake it for an easy smoothie?

CrowKettle

I’ve yet to try making a matcha smoothie or latte but I will try that method tomorrow morning and let you know how it goes. I think it will be fine as long as it’s sifted first?

MissLena, I saw your Red Leaf notes before making this! I wish I had three different matcha flavours to consume tonight (why, UPS?!). I want that french vanilla matcha.

Latte and smoothies are super easy. If you use a blender you don’t need to sift, though it doesn’t hurt… Just toss everything in and blend. Wen I’m back to normalsville, its what I do every morning :)

MissLena

The French vanilla is so vanilla-y! Lol, I’ve inspired a few cravings for that one with my note lol, shipping has been very slow to Canada lately, i’m not sure why

Good to know!

Comments

MissLena

CrowKettle

Good to know!

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland