drank Aloha Pu'erh by DAVIDsTEA

My roommate said this tasted like the Indonesian medicine she had as a kid.

I thought it was ok if I didn’t breath through my nose. It has the puerh trademark fishiness, although it isn’t as heavy as I’ve experienced elsewhere. In theory I should love this; it has a candied tropical fruit flavour and a creamy, white chocolate body. It doesn’t work for me however, and it’s not because I dislike puerh (it’s great every once in a while). This comes off tasting a little medicinal, a little artificial, and very off.

Eh, it does succeed in reminding me of Hawaii- fruit, cream, Kona coffee, fish, and all, but I don’t know if this is the right combination of it. Maybe this would be better on its second steep but I don’t really want to find out.

Edit: I like this a bit more cooled down. It’s creamy on its own but it might be ok with milk or as an iced smoothie/latte.

Cavocorax

Sure, fish might remind me of Hawaii, but… that doesn’t mean I want to drink it. :P I just don’t know about pu’erh. Besides Cinnamon Heart and the Skinny I haven’t had a lot of luck.

CrowKettle

Yeah, tropical fruit, fish, and chocolate are foods that should never see the light of day together ever again. What twisted madman thought of that flavour combo, anyways? :/ I’ve yet to try Cinnamon Heart but my track record with David’s pu’erh is not great either. I don’t know if it’s the flavoring choices, the kind of pu’erh they use, or both of those things.

Comments

Cavocorax

CrowKettle

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland