This is rich. Almost too rich.

It’s buttery, creamy, smooth, sweet, vegetal, and much fancier then I am used to with my Genmaicha. Geez.. even the rice used here is fancy- delicious nutty, roasted jasmine rice. This cup melts, and, wow, is the second steep ever delicious!

It’s high quality stuff but I like how pedestrian and crude my regular Genmaicha is. I can always have two types of Genmaicha?

Fjellrev

You NEED two types of genmaicha. At least.

Kasumi no Chajin

I usually have at least 3, and now never want to part with my genmai flavored matcha either! (for a matcha-iri addict it it really something!)

Cavocorax

Wow. Verdant teas always sound so amazing that I’m almost afraid to brew them up. I still have a few samples from you that I look at in awe, then put back for another day. :p

Ze_Teamaker

*chanting*BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT!
Yeah I know what you mean though. I have a bad tendency to hoard them.

Bonnie

DRUM BEATING….BREW IT….BREW IT….BREW IT….drink the tea!

Hehehe. I will! :P

CrowKettle

Ha! Steepster is such a crazy enabler for tea drinking. Don’t let the tiny amount Laoshan Black waste away in that flimsy ziplock bag! :P

Bonnie

Oh, just read the beginning of the bio…professional procrastinator!

Comments

Fjellrev

You NEED two types of genmaicha. At least.

Kasumi no Chajin

Ze_Teamaker

*chanting*BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT! BREW IT!
Yeah I know what you mean though. I have a bad tendency to hoard them.

Bonnie

DRUM BEATING….BREW IT….BREW IT….BREW IT….drink the tea!

Hehehe. I will! :P

CrowKettle

Bonnie

Oh, just read the beginning of the bio…professional procrastinator!

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland