Thank you ToiToi for sending me this sample! It tastes like Salted Caramel. It’s sweet and slightly salty, with a bright ceylon base that gives it a toffee-like edge. I’ve had a lot of caramel today.

I’d initially forgot this sample at my parents’ when I went off for school but they mailed me a card with an encouraging message and some of the smaller tea bags that I’d left lying around the place. I say this all the time but parents are freaking awesome.

It’s been a while (10 days) since I made a tasting note here. I know this is a long time because Cavocorax changed her profile picture since I was last on. It’s a big deal.

Edit: This tea has a lot of caramel flavour! When I steep this for less time and drink it lukewarm it’s more syrupy and salty-sweet and less like a solid piece of toffee.

Mmmmm this sounds good.

CrowKettle

This one is pretty good, although I think I like syrupy caramel teas over hard toffee caramel teas, which this one is the latter.

mmmmmm caramel…. nom nom nom nom nom

TastyBrew

Any idea where to get this in the US? It sounds so good!

Comments

Mmmmm this sounds good.

CrowKettle

mmmmmm caramel…. nom nom nom nom nom

TastyBrew

Any idea where to get this in the US? It sounds so good!

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland