This sample is from OMGsrsly and I think it may be my first assam!

Does it seem like I’m always coupling Greek yogurt with black tea before noon? I should stop doing that because it makes the tea taste deliciously creamy in ways that I am not 100% positive it would otherwise. Not the best for getting an accurate first impression.

This tea is very smooth and full, with a bit of mouth-drying astringency near the end to keep things interesting. It contains some pleasant malty and sweet components. Yep. I’m enjoying this cup. I’ll be exploring this kind of tea in the future.

Edit: The second steep smells lightly fruity.

I looked Assam and Hathikuli up on a map and learned stuff. Should probably do that more often.

OMGsrsly

Their Oats and Honey is from the same plants, just a different harvest. I think. I prefer the Estate, but YMMV. :) I’m totally willing to deal in Steam teas if you’d like samples of anything!

CrowKettle

I’ll probably take you up on that! After searching around I found some of their selection on Facebook. There are some interesting looking teas!

Lynne-tea

Ohhhh I miss Greek yogurt.
Sometimes I go to the yogurt isle and dream.

OMGsrsly

Yes! They’ll have a website up in a couple weeks, with ingredients and their current menus. The prices are actually less than their “winter menu” on Facebook right now, but I can’t find their current menu…

OMGsrsly

Oh, and they get some of their teas from The Tea Guy. Some they source and blend themselves. :)

CrowKettle

I’d have a hard time giving up Greek yogurt; it’s my favourite thing to add oat bran to in the morning. Pain felt.

I’m glad to hear there’s a website coming, with ingredients, although facebook isn’t too bad..

CrowKettle

Also, browsing The Tea Guy right now.

Plunkybug

I just recently started eating Greek yogurt, and it is definitely addicting. Will see how my tummy reacts to it more regularly. I don’t think I got anything from Steam, but now I’m intrigued.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Lynne-tea

Ohhhh I miss Greek yogurt.
Sometimes I go to the yogurt isle and dream.

CrowKettle

Also, browsing The Tea Guy right now.

Plunkybug

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland