Thank you, OMGsrsly, for this sample from our Victoria crawl! I’ve enjoyed all of the Steam teas I’ve tried so far.

Drinking this tea hot to lukewarm right now. This one as a strong juicy aroma that is reminiscent of SunRype Strawberry Kiwi juice that my roommate and I liked to put vodka in last semester. The flavour is similar although it’s not as sugary as the aroma would lead on. It’s still sweet, however, and with a little bit of puckering dryness. The overall affect reminds me of a iced fruity alcoholic drink. The name of this tea further emphasizes that association. There’s a syrupy aftertaste.

Oh, I should make a note of the base tea. It’s green, a little seaweedy, but very subtle and soft in this blend- I’m willing to gamble that it’s a sencha. Probably. I think the pieces of fruit are papaya.

I’m using the rest of this sample for a mug of iced tea tonight. Mmmm… that sounds good. I kind of want to take some of this down to Palm Desert with me. Eh, I’ll likely and up with a travel bag full of fall themed rooibos blends.

oh man this sounds tasty!

CrowKettle

It’s refreshing, to say the least.

OMGsrsly

I had this one iced the other day. So good! Even my brother (who buys teas but forgets to drink them) liked it.

Comments

oh man this sounds tasty!

CrowKettle

It’s refreshing, to say the least.

OMGsrsly

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland