Floral, soapy, and sweet jasmine pearls! I love that strong jasmine can taste like bananas. It’s sometimes a more convincing banana than some intentionally banana flavoured teas.

This is a very nice and simple tea but jasmine isn’t something I really crave too often, and, when I do, I think I prefer the scented white leaves over green tea. I’m still grateful for the chance to try this and for Teavivre’s extremely generous sample system!

ashmanra

I have never thought of banana with jasmine before. I will have to drink a cup and see if I can pick up that taste.

Dinosara

I too have never gotten bananas from jasmine. And I don’t want to… I don’t like bananans all that much! :)

CrowKettle

Ever since playing with the Yunnan White Jasmine I sometimes pick up bananas in jasmine. Maybe I’m crazy, but I enjoy bananas so I don’t mind. :)

Comments

ashmanra

Dinosara

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland