I was planning to drink the rest of this and write a note earlier in the day but life got ahead of me. I managed to pay a visit to my grandfather in the hospital with my mother, as well as see my grandmother and my silly lovebird whom she is pet-sitting. I’m so grateful that everyone lives close by!

Anyways, I picked this tea to be one of those neat little samples that Butiki provides. Initially, I tried comparing this to Cantaloupe & Cream to figure out which one I would “keep” but I can’t make up my mind. Cantaloupe, Watermelon, White Peony, Silver Needle- can I have them all?

This tea smells and tastes like the juiciest, sweetest piece of watermelon on the plate. There is a prevailing honey-sweet aftertaste that is tricking my mind a little bit right now. Maybe it’s because I’m drowsy that I’m wondering if I swallowed all of the watermelon seeds.

I love how this tea is refreshing and cool despite the warm temperature of the actual cup. The back story behind the tea’s name and the music clip included on the blog are cute too.

Fjellrev

Hope your grandpa is ok! I’ll have to order this one someday. Seems like a winner to me.

Comments

Fjellrev

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland