drank Holiday Tea by Harney & Sons

This another gentle (some would say flat) tea for the day. It smells like it packs a punch of spices and astringency but the taste reveals it to be the exact opposite. There’s a bit of subdued clove but, even with a steep time of over five minutes, this doesn’t qualify for being astringently nippy.

It’s not bad though. I think it tastes a bit like a chocolate orange, without being overly cloying and candy-like. Even without the addition of milk, this cup conveys lightly sweet and creamy milk chocolate, with a bit of bitter nuttiness, spice, and citrus. I don’t know what’s in this or if it’s the spices that are fooling my taste buds but it undeniably has a chocolate orange flavour in the finish and aftertaste.

It’s not something I’d pick up for myself, but I did work through about an ounce of this in a few days without feeling the desire to add anything to it, and it does make up for not getting a Chocolate Orange this Christmas.

Thanks Fiddling for sharing some of this!

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Comments

Fiddling

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland