“Does this taste like a malted milk ball candy?”

Yes, yes it does, although the very small amount of skim milk I added may have helped with that. Man, I haven’t had malted milk balls, or malt eggs, in ages- not since I was well under five feet tall. I never liked them as a child but this tea somehow makes me look back fondly upon them. This tea is somewhat tangy (another thing I associate with malt eggs), as well as creamy and smooth.

I’m getting next to no chocolate in this; it is as watered down as the crummy skim milk I added. I’m grateful for that though because I wasn’t looking for a super chocolate tea this morning, and didn’t realize it had chocolate until I had already dumped it into the strainer.

While not as sweet smelling as some of the other teas Cavocorax sent my way, this still has a subtly sugary taste (Edit: and not so subtle dry leaf aroma; my nose is malfunctioning badly). I had low hopes for this one but it completely surprised me with the sudden burst of nostalgia and calming flavour.

Starfevre

Okay, now I want.

Ze_Teamaker

TO THE SHOPPING LIST!

Shmiracles

love this tea.

CrowKettle

My mother stole my second steep, said she liked it a lot and that I should pick up more. This tea continues to surprise today.

Cavocorax

Hahah. You just inspired more tea purchases! :P I gotta say, I’m happy I grabbed 2oz!

Comments

Starfevre

Okay, now I want.

Ze_Teamaker

TO THE SHOPPING LIST!

Shmiracles

love this tea.

CrowKettle

Cavocorax

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland