Incendiare told me the second steep is creamier, and she’s right. The mother liked the second steep too and drank a whole big mug of it. I’ve grown fonder of this tea since figuring out how I like it best. More often than not lately, it’s been my first cup of the day (and my second). I’m still not 100% on the base and don’t always get the full pastry experience, but I’d still pick this blend up again if it was convenient.

Cavocorax

Hmmmm… Maybe I just needed to experiment with it more!

Chizakura

I’ve discovered that it makes a good iced tea too. For a 2L pitcher, I steep it in 185 degree water for three minutes with six teaspoons. Top up with cold water, and chill in the fridge. Sweet and creamy without milk or sugar, and the black tea base seems to like being cold better.

CrowKettle

I’d love to get something I like out of this tea without additions. I’ll have to try that to a smaller scale, since I don’t have much left anymore.

Fjellrev

Glad you liked it! I do find it a little tricky to coax out the pastry notes without amplifying the base. But once you do, it’s amazeballs.

Comments

Cavocorax

Hmmmm… Maybe I just needed to experiment with it more!

Chizakura

CrowKettle

Fjellrev

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland