I didn’t pick up any rhubarb from this when I first tried this, yesterday. It gave an overall impression of those Strawberry Shortcake toys (you know how they smelled like fake watery strawberries?). To be fair, I’d just finished drinking a big mug of Butiki’s Ruby Pie (sample from Sil); the rhubarb tartness of that tea made most things I drank afterwards taste sweet and bland in comparison.

Tonight’s cup of this tisane was a lot better. While the rhubarb is still not screaming its presence, it peaks through subtly in the finish and aftertaste. It’s so gentle you might miss it. It’s a citrus tartness that goes from strawberry to rhubarb (albeit an extremely sweetened rhubarb). Mostly, the cup boasts sugary strawberries, and another texture-flavour I like to think of as “doughy”.

Thank you, Sil, for the samples! As far as honeybush blends go, I enjoyed this one, even if there was more strawberries than rhubarb.

You’re welcome. I too found this one more of a strawberry blend…decent but still mostly just a strawberry blend

CrowKettle

Yeah, I was a little disappointed by that. I mixed some of it up with the the Ruby Pie, though, and that was fantastic. I’m glad OMGsrsly has more of that for me, from the giant Butiki order. :)

if you get to it before me, i’d love to hear your thoughts on what i sent you vs your ordered one haha. i still haven’t done a comparison.

CrowKettle

Oh, I’ll definitely do that! I still have cup’s worth of the custom blend so I can drink them both side by side.

Comments

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada