drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

I wasn’t too sure about this beige tea on the first couple sips. Then I started tasting strawberry jam and nut butter notes (Nutella, is that you?). Strawberry jam becomes a cream mid sip, and it’s so freaking fantastic. Mmm.. This tea is incredibly smooth and has a light zippy ginger finish.

I find that the grassy notes are mostly subdued here, but I wasn’t paying attention to anything else except the buttery strawberries. That surprised me, as I’m usually not that into strawberries, especially in tea.

The empty cup smells like toffee and general sweetness. I feel like I made a new friend. I hope that doesn’t make me sound like a crazy tea person.

Edit: Second steep is good too. The strawberry flavour is weaker, while ginger and creamy-sweet toffee notes are more noticeable. It’s a funky cup.

Cavocorax

I cold-steeped it for my second steep and you’re right about the ginger and toffee. I don’t think I even noticed the ginger the first time. Interesting!

JustJames

okay, i’m excited…. i got this as an extra sample in my order box. so much tea, so little time!

Plunkybug

Did we all get this one with the order?

Cavocorax

I think so. I imagine we all got the new ones as guinea pigs. :)

JustJames

i could be happy as guinea pig…

OMGsrsly

I didn’t get ginger at all, but I didn’t mind. :) This might be the strawberry (green) tea of my dreams!

Comments

Cavocorax

Plunkybug

Did we all get this one with the order?

Cavocorax

I think so. I imagine we all got the new ones as guinea pigs. :)

JustJames

i could be happy as guinea pig…

OMGsrsly

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland