Six cups later, and a sipdown, and I’m still not sure where I stand with this tea. It has two excellently, distinctive flavours (banana and walnut), yet still loudly goes about with its Keemun base.

A mouthful of this tea transitions something like this: creamy sweet banana, bitter oily walnut, and mellow, earthy-sweet black base. It all pairs nicely and hands out equal does of brisk and creamy, with the continuous backdrop of something sweet.

I found I enjoyed this tea the most when I was generous with the leaf and steep time. I also enjoyed the second steep as some of the sharpness was cut back, allowing for a more mellow and soft, albeit a less sweet and flavorful, banana taste.

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland