drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

I’m procrastinating doing the serious part of the packing in favour of sorting through what tea stuff I want over on the island with me. It’s surprisingly difficult. I’ve only picked out three teas so far: Earl of Anxi, Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black, and this one.

I can’t say this Coconut Oolong has the classy finesse that the other two teas in the box do, but it makes up for that by being full of delicious floral-coconut gaudiness. It’s a big, showy comfort item that I find helps curb the appetite. I don’t understand how I enjoy the floral notes yet have such a low tolerance for them.. that first steep is almost too much.

Edit: In the future I’d be tempted to dump the first steep in favour of the second one. The buttery notes came out more here, and the flavouring seemed to blend better. Still heady though.

Cavocorax

You’re not bringing all of it? :O

Plunkybug

I have some of this from Cavo yet to try.

Comments

Cavocorax

You’re not bringing all of it? :O

Plunkybug

I have some of this from Cavo yet to try.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland