drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

My tea escapades have been pretty minimal lately, and are not anything to write home about. Peppermint and chamomile- that about sums it up. This is the first caffeine-filled “tea” I’ve had all week. It’s a landmark.

I think I may want a chai with a bigger spice kick in the future. There’s a lot of citrus peel and caramel present today, the former of which is burdened with highlighting the sharp, tangy qualities of the other “spices” and ingredients.

Part of me wonders how this would taste if it had a dash of nutmeg, cardamon, and ginger in it (I swear at least some of those ingredients were present in past years). Eh. I guess I can play around with the spice level myself.

Note to self: maybe only stick with one of either brown sugar or sweetened condensed milk. 1-2 tablespoons of each is almost too sweet and rich (very pie-like).

It totally seems like it should have nutmeg, cardamom etc in it $

CrowKettle

It does! My tin from 2011 lists cardamom as an original ingredient; I wonder why they decided to exclude it this year.

Cavocorax

Huh. Strange! Well, that’s good in a way? Maybe I’m not crazy for finding it flatter this year. :P

Comments

Cavocorax

It totally seems like it should have nutmeg, cardamom etc in it $

CrowKettle

Cavocorax

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland