Sipdown! I’m glad to be under 70 teas but I’m sad to see this one go. After that first pepperoni misunderstanding, I think we were starting to grow close.

Not much in cedar today, but lots of sweet buttery earth- makes me think cinnamon. I’m not sure if that last note is intended or if it’s just because it sat beside Jackie T’s winter chai in my cupboard for four plus months. Either way, the overall outcome is delicious. Thanks again for the samples, Jackie T.

Cavocorax

Under 70? That’s awesome! How far are you trying to go?

Bonnie

Here’s another little trick with puerh…get some real cinnamon chips (not powder) from a supplier like happyluckys.com or savoryspiceshop.com and add just a few to puerh you’re not fond of rather than chucking it. Unless it’s horrid…you’ll have a nice spicy tea..sweeten and it’s like chai.

CrowKettle

After this puerh adventure I think I’d like the addition of cinnamon. I’ll definitely check that out! Do you have any recommendations of a good puerh with a strong cedar/wood note?

I don’t know what I’m trying to reach, Cavo. When it comes to ordering more teas I love (Vicky’s Spongecake, Earl of Anxi, Caramel Vanilla Assam, etc.) I’m happy where I’m at. I don’t think I feel like exploring a lot of new teas until I hit 50 though, and then it’s more a matter of having +300g of really old stuff.

Comments

Cavocorax

Under 70? That’s awesome! How far are you trying to go?

Bonnie

CrowKettle

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland