drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

Note to self: Drinking a whole pot of tea before walking into an exam may not be the best idea in the future. Probably should have double checked that scantron.

Today this tea was as amazing as I remember it being- juicy, smooth, and totally worth it.

Courtney

Hahaha! I hope you did great anyway :) What are you studying?

CrowKettle

This semester it’s basic anthropology and Slavic studies :)

Courtney

Very cool. I love anthropology! If I ever get through my current list of degrees hah, I’d love to pursue it. What do you think of this one compared to the Taiwanese Wild Mountain? I can’t decide which to keep! #teaproblems

CrowKettle

That’s a tough choice, and one I’ve been trying to make too! I haven’t done a side comparison of the two yet, and find myself drinking them for different reasons. I pull out the Mi Xian when I want something smooth and fruity with a bright nip. The Wild Mountain is softer and sweeter to me, like baked goods. I usually drink it when I want to wind down.

Comments

Courtney

Hahaha! I hope you did great anyway :) What are you studying?

CrowKettle

This semester it’s basic anthropology and Slavic studies :)

CrowKettle

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland