drank Hemp Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

Two scoops of matcha, two scoops of soy protein powder, a bit of fresh ginger, and a cup of cranberry juice. Can’t really taste the matcha but this contraption is good- nutty, sweet, and tart. It’s almost creamy too. It makes up for not having a banana (or any fresh fruit) in the apartment right now.

Normally, this is a nice, mild flavour, even though it’s Robust. the nutty hemp blends into the natural notes of the green matcha well. I’m not sure this is something I would get again but it’s a pleasant flavour.

Edit: I had 3 scoops this again today in a smoothie with pear, ginger, lemon, cranberry juice, and a little soy protein for fizz. I’m down to my last scoop.. almost time to buy more matcha!

Bonnie

Hemp milk tastes wierd so I can’t imagine hemp matcha.

CrowKettle

This is the first time I’ve ever tried anything with Hemp in it, so I don’t know how it compares, but this doesn’t taste strange. To me it tastes like normal green matcha with a few extra dimensions filled out.

Mmm, more matcha!

CrowKettle

I don’t know what to get, or how much I should get.. I want to try so many flavours.

OMGsrsly

The pineapple smells so good! I haven’t tried it yet because of the cold…

CrowKettle

I’m curious to see how that and the raspberry(?) one work out for you :)

I’m thinking of going with cheesecake, pumpkin pie, more caramel, and french vanilla/maple syrup but can’t decide on the flavour level.

OMGsrsly

The raspberry & whatever one was tasty, but I can still barely taste. The pineapple is just so strong it sits there on the counter and the smell seeks out my nose! I’d probably get the lowest flavour option for most, if not all, of them.

Bonnie

Hemp milk tastes strange to me, so I imagined hemp matcha would taste weird too. Glad it was ok.

OMGsrsly

Raspberry and cream is definitely good. I want to try the strawberry and champagne one (apparently they have either strawberry or champagne now). And black cherry. And sea buckthorn. I’m going after all the fruity flavours for some reason.

CrowKettle

I want to try almost all the matcha flavours, all the ones you just listed included.

Comments

Bonnie

Hemp milk tastes wierd so I can’t imagine hemp matcha.

Mmm, more matcha!

OMGsrsly

The pineapple smells so good! I haven’t tried it yet because of the cold…

CrowKettle

I’m curious to see how that and the raspberry(?) one work out for you :)

CrowKettle

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland