This is the last type left from the Butiki Darjeeling sampler I split with OMGsrsly. It’s the last because it’s the one I originally cared for the least.

My taste buds seem to have done a complete reversal, or maybe I’m finally acquiring a taste for Darjeeling teas, as I’m really loving this today. I’d like to think I’m maturing, and that it has nothing to do with the fact that Della Terra’s monstrous Pineapple Upside Down Cake sat in this same steeper cup just last night. That’s totally not why the veggie hay notes taste so honeyed today.

The spiced wood, the wispy hay, and the tart fruity notes are all this tea’s own though, and they make for a great flavor profile!

Stephanie

Darjeelings are really growing on me! This one is particularly good :)

Comments

Stephanie

Darjeelings are really growing on me! This one is particularly good :)

White teas, roasted/fired green teas, and the not so roasted green oolong varieties are my favourites. I enjoy the odd shu puerh too.

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Ingredients/flavours I enjoy (in moderation): anise, butter, caramel, cedar, cream, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, lilac, lime, maple, marshmallow leaves, melon, mint, orchid, pine, rice, rose, vanilla.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland