Backlog: after making some of this without really having time for it the other day, I opted to pour it in my timolino travel mug and hope for the best.

Turns out this fairs amazingly well in the timolino (at least, it was a lot better than I expected it to be). The plastic didn’t drown out any of the subtleties- The rose is the dominant note, with some amaranth and cream. This made a comical archaeology lab awesome. Looking forward to having many more amazing timolino adventures with this tea.

OMGsrsly

Don’t you know that archaeology is srs bsnss? :D (How to freak your classmates out: If your tongue sticks to dry “wood”, it’s bone. I swear this is legit, although it sounds absolutely preposterous.)

OMGsrsly

I actually tasted rocks in the rock lab too. My prof just shook his head at me. I guess that’s what happens when you take mineralogy BEFORE point identification.

Plunkybug

I wish I could also “like” OMGsrsly’s comments too. :P

CrowKettle

I agree with Heather (I’ll have to find the right time to test that), although I’d probably abuse the ability to an annoying degree.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Plunkybug

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada