drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

This one’s quite neat! the first steep bore similarities to a greener Darjeeling’s second steep. There’s a smoothing out of sour, muscatel notes and a subduing of hay and malt, except this tea was never bold in these characteristics, like a Darjeeling, to begin with. It’s a trippy experience. The finish was also deliciously sweet, which made it an easy cup to gulp down.

While the second steep is still somewhat malty, it’s starting to taste more like a silky floral white tea, with a bit of citrus. It’s a very pleasing and smooth tea, with lots of fun layers.

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland