drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

The first time I tried this tea I wasn’t completely wowed, however these last two steeps today have been sweet, in so many amazing ways. I may need to keep this rich tea around.

Apparently I tasted citrus the first time around, but I’m not tasting that at all now- maybe there’s a note like a lemon in a meringue pie? It’s somewhat of a stretch though. It’s more like delicious sweet potatoes, cream, with a bit of syrup.

Flavors: Apricot, Cream, Honey, Sweet Potatoes

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
MissB

Ah, hilarious. All I had to do was scroll down a bit to see your notes. Great minds…

Chizakura

I loooooove this one. It’s definitely one of my favorite whites, if not THE favorite. :D I find in addition to the cream notes, it tastes a lot like sweet corn. I made it at a much lower temperature mind you (185). Kind of curious to try it at boiling for comparison sake.

CrowKettle

It was a lovely afternoon in the lower mainland for this tea. :P

It’s amazing to see the variety of flavours people pick up in this one; it’s a good incentive to buy lots and go crazy experimenting with it.

Comments

MissB

Chizakura

CrowKettle

It was a lovely afternoon in the lower mainland for this tea. :P

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland