drank Very Raspberry by Teajo Teas

I’m getting the idea that raspberry is not an easy flavour to capture. I’ve enjoyed the chocolate/coconut raspberry flavours that are blatantly dessert teas, but the plain old raspberry teas tend to taste more like Swedish Berries than anything else. This one still falls into that category for me, although it tries hard not too.

There’s a tart citrus zap that’s convincing, followed by the raspberry flavour, which eventually descends into the category of sweetened jam. It’s the aftertaste and aroma that leaves me with gummies.. although it also feels like I have those raspberry hairs stuck in my throat. Mixed signals.

Oh, well. This tea mostly sticks to the raspberries of my mind, and if it becomes overly sweet I can’t pretend I don’t like jam and candy too.

Flavors: Berries, Lemon Zest

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada