After a short visit at Amariel’s yesterday, my tea count jumped by 20 to a big 70- and here I was doing so well. I didn’t know where to start so I let my roommate randomly select one of the dozen green tea samples from the bag for the evening’s pot. This one was the winner.

The vibrant green leaves look and smell like seaweed, but once steeped the brew is more akin to beans, with a drop or two of honey. There’s a lot more going on in this tea, especially in the second steep, but I can’t pin most of the flavours. It’s a beautiful and gentle tea to wind down to for the evening. This cup has peace and tranquility written all over it (sappy but true).

Thank you, Amariel, for sharing this lovely sample with me!

Flavors: Green Beans, Honey, Peas

TeaBrat

this one IS yummy :)

CrowKettle

I wish I could stay up all night, drinking this tea in pots. It’s so good!

SFTGFOP

I’ve just ordered some of this tea from Camellia Sinensis. I love how it smells, and how pretty the leaves look!

Stephanie

lovely pretty tea

Comments

TeaBrat

this one IS yummy :)

CrowKettle

I wish I could stay up all night, drinking this tea in pots. It’s so good!

SFTGFOP

Stephanie

lovely pretty tea

Currently looking for the most buttery and sweet green oolong I can find.

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

86-90: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

BC, Lower Mainland