I remember the first time I tried to drink buttermilk. As an old friend once commented, “it’s one of those things that sounds like it should be amazing but is actually gross.” It’s not something you typically want to drink straight. The buttermilk was salty, tangy, sour and surprisingly thin, in a filling way.

Luckily this tea has all of the core flavours of buttermilk without the yucky result. It’s still hard to drink lots of but it is more reminiscent of dessert than raw baking ingredient. The lemon, which adds its own tangy sweetness, probably helps out with that.

I left some sitting out overnight, and it now possesses a note akin to flat root beer. It’s not as good but still quirky fun. Thanks, Sil and OMGsrsly, for sharing this one!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Cream, Lemon

Fjellrev

You are so brave for ever trying that. My dad used to drink it straight and the mere look of it sitting in the glass, how it would leave that film on the sides of the glass, was enough to turn me off. And the smell! Ugh.

you’re welcome!

CrowKettle

I wonder what the appeal of drinking it straight is. I know I haven’t found it yet!

Sil, I would compose you a poem if I had the skills. Instead, I’ll make due by picking up teas for you while in Europe in June. Bosnia has to have teas you haven’t tried..

Awesome. Where in Europe are you going! For how long! I love hearing about people travelling lol

OMGsrsly

IDK, CrowKettle. Your descriptions were pretty entertaining. I think you could get some lyrics out of them, and aren’t lyrics poetry? :)

CrowKettle

Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, and London. I’ll stay on the lookout for tea things, although I don’t know what my luck will be!

@OMGsrsly, nooooo… let’s not.

Fjellrev

Sounds like it’ll be an awesome adventure!

that sounds amazing! What a fantastic adventure!

OMGsrsly

Woo! Have lots of fun this summer!

Thanks, everyone! :)

Comments

Fjellrev

you’re welcome!

CrowKettle

@OMGsrsly, nooooo… let’s not.

Fjellrev

Sounds like it’ll be an awesome adventure!

that sounds amazing! What a fantastic adventure!

OMGsrsly

Woo! Have lots of fun this summer!

Thanks, everyone! :)

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland