So it turns out not a single individual in my immediate family cares for these fine chocolatey Chinese black teas. This became more and more apparent as the years went by and all the cupboard’s teas came and went, except for this and Verdant’s Laoshan Black (also, the rooibos). My mother went so far as to call them undrinkable. I’ve merely become indifferent.

Oh, well. Moving on. I guess there’s more for everyone else!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Dirt, Malt, Wood

gmathis

(I’m part of the everyone else. Fujians are some of my very favorites ;)

ashmanra

Fujian is a favorite for me, too!

more for meeeeee!

If I ever come across more of this tea variety I know where to send it to! :P

One day I’ll work on re-figuring my Chinese black tea palette but it’s not going to be this year.

Evol Ving Ness

heheheh, I like how everyone who adores Chinese blacks piped up. Including me.

CrowKettle

They seem to be some of the most loved teas on here, and with good reason! I’ve been craving something like a good Yunnan Dian Hong lately, so maybe I’m not a lost cause yet!

Comments

gmathis

(I’m part of the everyone else. Fujians are some of my very favorites ;)

ashmanra

Fujian is a favorite for me, too!

more for meeeeee!

If I ever come across more of this tea variety I know where to send it to! :P

Evol Ving Ness

heheheh, I like how everyone who adores Chinese blacks piped up. Including me.

CrowKettle

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland