Some amazing alchemy is going on here. The creamy, sweet, and nutty traits of the core ingredients blend into and compliment each-other seamlessly.

The slightly astringent assam body also makes this the ideal breakfast tea. Along with some maple syrup, it vastly improved some mediocre pancakes. The mother agrees wholeheartedly.

Coconut-nut blends can get stale and dull quickly, and I’m incredibly pleased how fresh this one tastes. It’s the kind of tea that actually makes me want to wake up early and eat breakfast food (ugh). It was a wonderful way to kick off Mother’s Day!

Steep Count: 2

Flavors: Astringent, Butter, Carrot, Coconut, Cream, Malt, Nuts

oh neat

Tamarindel

I got a sample of this and kicked myself for days for not getting more. I’m not sure what I was expecting but this tea is way more impressive than its name.

CrowKettle

Agree wholeheartedly. I thought this would be a write-off when I ordered a sample, but your and Kittenna’s notes convinced me I should at least give it a chance. Glad I did :)

Tamarindel

I’m glad! I really don’t know where I’d be without the tasting notes on this site. I’d have no IDEA what to drink and I’d just be stumbling blind through the world of tea.

Comments

oh neat

CrowKettle

Tamarindel

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland