The first time I had this I got one big orange slice and no chocolate. It tasted like juicy-sweet marmalade with astringent malt.

Today I have no orange slice and a lot of chocolate. Now it tastes like one of those chocolate Christmas oranges, especially after I added milk. Sweet tangerine notes to finish.

I’m not the biggest fan of marmalade or orange chocolate, but anyone who is shouldn’t hesitate to give this tea a chance. The malty raisin-rose assam/nilgiri blend makes the tea even fancier and gives it a rounder profile.

Flavors: Chocolate, Jam, Malt, Orange, Rose

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland