I’m not a big fan of the individual base teas, chocolate cherry combos, or coffee in general, but even I can get behind this one a little. The Quilan oolong and hojicha both provide the ideal roasty, earth-chocolate blend on which to build those lovely chocolate cherry coffee flavours.

My favourite aspect hands down is the aroma: dry leaf, wet leaf, and liquid. It has the best cherry smell ever, mixed in with some succulent chicory chocolate.

It also went well with or without milk. Now I just have to see if it resteeps well, and that will be a wrap!

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Espresso, Roasted, Wood

Evol Ving Ness

This one is a favourite! When it is good, it is stellar!

Fjellrev

This is totally a star blend from them! I just wish it tasted as good as it smelled.

Sometimes it does.

CrowKettle

Ha! Evol, you make me want to pick up more, despite my meh feelings towards chocolate cherry and coffee things! I totally agree it’s a star blend though; it’s such a great flavour pairing.

I think a few of the AQ2T blends have inconsistency factors that can pay off with a bit of dedication. Like Jasmine Shortbread- the one time I got shortbread it was amazing and people were fighting over the pot, but usually it steeped as a decent jasmine tea.

Evol Ving Ness

I’m not quite sure why that it, but I agree. There have also been times that I was kaboom overpowered by the flavourings in two fairly recent blends, the names of which don’t come to mind though most everyone was raving in favour. IDGI. Can’t comment on the Jasmine Shortbread as I haven’t tried it.

CrowKettle

It’s also hard to judge consistency with the sample sizes, with 1-2 servings. Especially when the blend in question has a lot of bulky ingredients; the right thing to do would be to give them a “second chance” :P

yes, there’s that too.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

This one is a favourite! When it is good, it is stellar!

Fjellrev

Sometimes it does.

yes, there’s that too.

Ingredients/flavours I tend to dislike or stay away from: apple, cocoa nibs, marine, peach, stevia, dairy products

Subjective Rating System 2.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. Will impulsively buy and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. May have quality flaws that I choose to ignore.

76-84: A lovely tea, maybe of high quality or masterful blending, but not one I’m likely to order again.

BC, Lower Mainland